This is the brave husband and dad who died after suffering 90 percent burns while trying to save his beautiful wife from a burning apartment.
Story By: Conor Sheils; Sub-Editor: Joseph Golder; Agency: AsiaWire Report;
The incident happened in Umm Al Quwain, the least populous of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The blaze reportedly broke out in a circuit breaker box in the hallway of the apartment Anil Ninan, 32, from Kerala, on India’s tropical Malabar coast, shared with his his wife Neenu and their four-year-old son who has not been named.
According to local media, Ninan rushed to save his wife after her dress caught fire in the midst of the blaze.
He managed to spare his beloved wife’s life but became engulfed in the flames himself.
The incident took place as the couple’s unidentified four-year-old child slept in a room inside the apartment although it is unclear what injuries the child sustained if any.
Neenu’s parents, who also live with them, were not in the apartment when the incident happened.
The couple were eventually rescued after they called for help from their balcony before their neighbours broke down the door, allowing them to escape from the flat.
The occupants of the flat and some of the neighbours were taken to hospital for treatment.
Neenu suffered from burns but survived the blaze.
The India Metro page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.