Three Toddlers Dead After Eating Gone-Off Wedding Meat

These are the three tragic toddlers who have died from suspected food poisoning after eating stale meat at a wedding.

Story By: Alex CopeSub-Editor: Joseph Golder; Agency: AsiaWire;

Picture Credit: AsiaWire

The heartbreaking incident occurred at a wedding in the village of Kolamguda in the Adilabad district of the Indian state of Telangana.

Local media report 22 guests were taken from the wedding to the Narnoor Primary Health Centre after eating the food. 

They all showed signs of suffering from food poisoning, including vomiting, and officials state they believe those affected had eaten the bad meat.

An image taken at the hospital shows all three toddlers’ bodies next to each other on hospital gurneys.

Some of the other victims who are so far still alive were taken to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Adilabad where they will be kept under observation.

Officers from the Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) and the police have reportedly begun investigating the case and have visited the village to find out more information.

Local media report a similar incident took place in the same district last month, with nearly 100 people complaining of diarrhoea and vomiting after eating at a wedding in a village.

A medical camp was reportedly set up in the village to treat those affected.

The investigation into the case with the toddlers is ongoing.

Leave a Reply


%d bloggers like this: