This is the shocking moment a woman’s head literally explodes in a flash and a cloud of smoke as she lays on the operating table surrounded by medics.
Video Credit: AsiaWire
The woman, identified as Sheela Devi, aged 40, had been taken to the Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College (JNMC) in Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday evening after she allegedly consumed an unspecified poison.
Medics decided to start treatment by placing a suction pipe into a mouth, but it resulted in her head exploding with a flash of flame and a cloud of smoke which was captured by CCTV camera.
Doctors who treated her said that the woman had possibly consumed a substance which was ignited by the gastric lavage procedure in which a tube was used to remove the toxic substances from the stomach.
The procedure involves sending a small volume of saline solution into the stomach which is then sucked back out in order to remove the toxins, and it is believe this may have reacted with whatever she had consumed.
Chief medical officer, SS Zaidi from the JNMC, said police had bought the young woman to hospital and added: “An explosion occurred in her mouth, and flames along with smoke came out of her mouth while the medical team were trying to suck out poison from her stomach.”
A post-mortem is being carried out to examine why the explosion happened.
He added: “There could be possibility that she allegedly consumed Celphos tablet (Aluminium phosphate) which releases phosphine gas in addition to Aluminium oxide and other gases (which are highly flammable) and the explosion occurred when it came in contact with gastric acid.
“We have CCTV footage of the incident and we have watched it several times as such a thing has simply never happened in medical history.”
Local police spokesman Naresh Kumar Singh said that the woman had been discovered unconscious at the village of Alampur Subkara and had been immediately taken to hospital where the explosion that killed her occurred.
Picture Credit: AsiaWire